The mission of the Office of Human Resources is to attract and employ highly qualified and committed individuals while providing exceptional human resources related services to current, prospective, and former employees of the Borough of Manhattan Community College. We strive to achieve these goals through an effective recruitment process that attracts, selects, and on-boards qualified faculty and staff, and by fostering a diverse work environment that respects and values its employees and their differences. We promote organizational development through training and growth opportunities that support individual success and further the value of the institution and its mission. We also support all managers by providing them with employee relations guidance and communicating policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
Employees and Guests must take a daily Wellness Check Survey before entering any BMCC location. The Everbridge’s Health Screening app survey has five short questions. Due to changes to the NYS travel guidelines if you have traveled to CT, MA, NJ, PA, and VT during the past 7 days, answer “NO” to “Have you traveled outside of New York State or traveled internationally during the past 7 days?”. If you have traveled to a state other than CT, MA, NJ, PA, and VT, or traveled internationally, you must answer “YES” to this question.
The problem experienced on some android devices, when a user clicked YES in response to a question and then corrected it by clicking NO to complete the Health Screening questionnaire has been resolved.
Employees who are not cleared to enter must provide medical clearance to HR before returning to the college. To find a testing site, you may text COVID TEST to 855-48. After entering your zip code, a list of available testing sites will be provided.
The New York State Department of Health
The New York State Department of Health has revised the COVID-19 testing protocol. Individuals who fit the prioritization categories (pdf), and do not currently have access to testing should call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or https://covid19screening.health.ny.gov/ to be screened for eligibility, and if eligible, to have an appointment scheduled at a DOH testing site.
Please also refer to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other related information below.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
For information about Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronairus Response Act’ (FFCRA or ACT) click on the following link. If applying for the FFCRA leave, return the Emergency Paid Sick Form and Emergency Family Medical Leave and Expansion Act Attestation Request with supporting documents to Gloria Chao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CUNY Employee Assistance Program
The CUNY Work/Life Program presented by CCA@Your Service is a confidential, 24/7 employee assistance program provider. For additional information refer to the program flyer and their list of services. Call or log on any time, any day TOLL-FREE: 800-833-8707 /WEBSITE: www.myccaonline.com/Company Code: CUNY
CCA@YourService has developed monthly themes to support you around key work-life issues. Starting on the date listed for each month in the calendar, each webinar will be available on-demand to all employees and their families. Additional and past Webinars can be found in Online Webinars.
- Setting Goals for Your Future a free webinar provided by CCA@YourService & CUNY’s WorkLife Program. Available under Online Seminars starting February 16th. To access the webinar, visit www.myccaonline.com Company Code: CUNY
- Fresh Fall Harvest, there are many types of seasonal produce you can enjoy in the fall. To get started, visit a local farmers market, and try recipes using local produce. For more inspiration, check out these nutrition and culinary workshops from DOHMH, happening each Tuesday from 12-12:30 on Facebook Live.
- Self-Care All Year Round: Get all the activities for year-round self-care here. Create your own self-care routine with this 8-week series!
- NYC Emergency Food Resources
- “FitOn” https://fiton.app (free virtual App with free workout programs).
Mental Well-Being Resources
- A Year of COVID: Working Through Collective Trauma: A year of pandemic living has affected everyone. Join WWNYC and Thrive NYC as they look back on the year and review some lessons learned, strengths gained, and strategies for moving forward to grow and rebuild. February 10 | 12 PM | Register at on.nyc.gov/collectivetrauma
- Connection Matters: Happiness, good health, and long life are all benefits of being socially connected. As the holidays approach, it is more important than ever to find safe ways to stay connected.
- Coping With Grief During COVID-19
- Managing Stress
- Mental health support New Yorkers can access while staying home
- 5 Tips for putting health first during stressful times
- Mobile Apps for Mental Well-being
- COVID-19 resources
- Challenging Irrational Thoughts
For additional information or to make an appointment email email@example.com or call (212) 306-7660. Extended hours (8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Monday through Friday). You can also connect with NYC Well for support 24/7 at nyc.gov/nycwell or 1-866-NYC-WELL.