COVID Return to Work Training must be taken, prior to entering any BMCC campus. The training is located on BlackBoard, under “My Organizations”. It is recommended you take a screengrab of the completion page (showing the check marks and the notation of completion) before you select submit.
Employees and Guests must take a daily Wellness Check Survey before entering any BMCC location. The Everbridge’s Health Screening app survey has five short questions. Due to changes to the NYS travel guidelines if you have traveled to CT, MA, NJ, PA, and VT during the past 7 days, answer “NO” to “Have you traveled outside of New York State or traveled internationally during the past 7 days?”. If you have traveled to a state other than CT, MA, NJ, PA, and VT, or traveled internationally, you must answer “YES” to this question. Employees who are not cleared to enter must provide medical clearance to HR before returning to the college. To find a testing site, you may text COVID TEST to 855-48. After entering your zip code, a list of available testing sites will be provided.
The problem experienced on some android devices, when a user clicked YES in response to a question and then corrected it by clicking NO to complete the Health Screening questionnaire has been resolved. The problem was fixed in the latest software upgrade. The software updates were sent automatically but may not have been installed on some devices for various reasons. The latest app version for Android is 20.2.2 and version 20.2.1 for iOS devices. You can check the app version by going into the Everbridge app’s Settings > About section. If you have an older version of the app, you can update the app from Google Store for Android devices and Apple Store for iOS devices.
The New York State Department of Health
The New York State Department of Health has revised the COVID-19 testing protocol. Individuals who fit the prioritization categories (pdf), and do not currently have access to testing should call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or https://covid19screening.health.ny.gov/ to be screened for eligibility, and if eligible, to have an appointment scheduled at a DOH testing site.
Please also refer to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other related information below.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
For information about Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronairus Response Act’ (FFCRA or ACT) click on the following link. If applying for the FFCRA leave, return the Emergency Paid Sick Form and Emergency Family Medical Leave and Expansion Act Attestation Request with supporting documents to Gloria Chao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CUNY Employee Assistance Program
The CUNY Work/Life Program presented by CCA@Your Service is a confidential, 24/7 employee assistance program provider. For additional information refer to the program flyer and their list of services. Call or log on any time, any day TOLL-FREE: 800-833-8707 /WEBSITE: www.myccaonline.com/Company Code: CUNY
- Fresh Fall Harvest, there are many types of seasonal produce you can enjoy in the fall. To get started, visit a local farmers market, and try recipes using local produce. For more inspiration, check out these nutrition and culinary workshops from DOHMH, happening each Tuesday from 12-12:30 on Facebook Live.
- Self-Care All Year Round: Get all the activities for year-round self-care here. Create your own self-care routine with this 8-week series!
- NYC Emergency Food Resources
- “FitOn” https://fiton.app (free virtual App with free workout programs).
Mental Well-Being Resources
- Connection Matters: Happiness, good health, and long life are all benefits of being socially connected. As the holidays approach, it is more important than ever to find safe ways to stay connected.
- COVID-19 resources
- Managing Stress
- Mobile Apps for Mental Well-being
- Mental health support New Yorkers can access while staying home
- Challenging Irrational Thoughts
- 5 Tips for putting health first during stressful times
- Coping With Grief During COVID-19
NYC Employee Assistance Program: For additional information or to make an appointment email email@example.com or call (212) 306-7660. Extended hours (8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Monday through Friday). You can also connect with NYC Well for support 24/7 at nyc.gov/nycwell or 1-866-NYC-WELL.