Sometimes a degree isn’t the ultimate goal…
Some students are seeking the opportunity to take college-level courses at BMCC to brush up on a subject area prior to sitting for an exam, changing careers, or in preparation for graduate work. Others may simply want to learn more about a particular area or interest. For these students, non-degree status is the perfect solution.
In order to apply to BMCC as a non-degree student, you must first complete the non-degree application.
Who is eligible?
- Visiting students from other colleges
- Students who have already earned a degree
- Anyone who has completed high school or the equivalency exam
How to apply as a Non-Degree student:
- Complete the Non-Degree Application. (You will be redirected to create an account.)
- Upload your college transcript(s), or drop off at the BMCC Information Desk at the main campus, 199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007.
What courses are available?
BMCC boasts a wide variety of courses in more than 45 different academic programs for you to choose from. For our students’ convenience, BMCC offers both classroom and online learning options, as well as evening, weekend, and off-site classes throughout the city. Credits you earn are transferable to degree programs at BMCC or other colleges.
In addition, non-degree students may also choose from courses available through our Continuing Education and Workforce Development programs.
How much does it cost?
Tuition: Students taking a non-degree course pay the non-degree student tuition costs per credit. Review tuition details on the Bursar’s webpage, listed under Non-Matriculated Students.
Unfortunately, financial aid or scholarship opportunities are not available for students taking non-degree courses.