BMCC welcomes military personnel and veterans. We have been designated a Military Friendly School. We offer many options for veterans to begin or continue their education at BMCC.
There is flexible scheduling–you can attend classes during the day, evening or online.
We have an array of courses that can lead to exciting careers or continuing education in a four-year college. BMCC has free tutoring in many subjects. Our Center for Career Development will help you plan your future.
Veterans Resource Center
BMCC’s Veterans Resource Center (VRC) offers support for veterans transitioning to civilian life and school. Some of the support includes:
- Advice about financial aid and how to take advantage of veterans benefits
- Special veterans benefits such as college credit for military service, tutorials and work-study programs.
- Weekly meetings of the Organization for Student Veterans where you can meet, chat and socialize with other veterans.
The group has a variety of events including guest speakers about job possibilities, discussions about dealing with stress, baseball games, dinners and more.
Veterans Fee Waiver
Undergraduate applicants who are Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver by following a few easy steps. Veterans are exempt from paying the commitment deposit.
Complete the following steps to request a Veterans Fee Waiver:
- Complete an Admission Application to CUNY. Visit www.cuny.edu/prepare to learn what is needed to prepare to apply. After you submit your Admission Application, be sure to select the “PAY LATER” option on the payment options screen.
- Print your Application Summary Package.
- Send a request for a Veterans Fee Waiver via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full Name (as listed on your Application Summary Package)
- Date of Birth
- Application Control Number (ten-digit number beginning with a W that is listed on your Application Summary Package)
- Indicate whether you are a Freshman or Transfer applicant
- Indicate the semester for which you have applied (ie., Fall 2011)
- Attach proof of your Veteran/Military status (ie., DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders)*
- Include “Veterans Fee Waiver Request” in the subject line of your email
* To fax or mail proof of your Veteran/Military status, please send to:
ATTN: Veterans Fee Waiver Request (include applicant’s e-mail address)
Mail: CUNY Welcome Center
217 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
ATTN: Veterans Fee Waiver Request
If you have any questions about veteran life at BMCC, contact the friendly staff at the Veterans Resource Center. We hope to see you on campus soon.