The BMCC Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is the office authorized to submit grants, accept awards, and oversee the management of sponsored programs on behalf of the College.
OSP serves as the College’s primary liaison to the Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RFCUNY), the College’s fiscal agent, and as BMCC’s Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR), designated to provide institutional approval and signatures.
Reporting to the Provost, OSP offers the College community resources and support for grant proposal development and project management. OSP facilitates the submission of proposals and the administration of funded projects to advance the college’s strategic priorities and its mission to provide instruction, research, and public service.
OSP provides the following services:
- Intent to Submit form review and routing for chair and Provost approvals*
- Review of Disclosure of Conflict of Interest Documentation*
- Funding searches and funding forecasts
- Grant review and interpretation of requirements
- Communication with sponsors
- Administrative review of proposals for conformity to sponsor, University, and RFCUNY policies, procedures, and best practices*
- Project design support and feedback
- Assistance with partnership development
- Proposal writing
- Pre-submission narrative review
- Budget review*
- Letter of Support – drafting and tracking
- Package review*
- Proposal submission through Grants.gov and other portals*
*Items marked with an asterisk are mandatory for all grants, letters of intent, and subcontracts for public, private, and CUNY grants.
- Liaison with RFCUNY
- Negotiating awards
- Facilitating post-award project management
- Support for grant-funded payroll and personnel matters
- Close-out support
- Referrals and links to online training resources
Liaison with RFCUNY
- OSP is the campus’ primary liaison with RFCUNY