Welcome Back to BMCC!
Once a Panther, always a Panther. If you were previously admitted to BMCC and attended at least one class here, you may be eligible to come back to school to finish your degree through Readmission rather than a brand-new CUNY application.
Students who meet both the following criteria are eligible for readmission:
- Applied and was admitted to BMCC through the CUNY Application
- Registered for and participated in at least one BMCC class. (You must have earned a grade for the course, whether a letter grade or a Withdrawal or Incomplete grade.)
- I was admitted for a previous term, but did not take classes: You are not eligible for readmission. Similarly, if you did sign up for classes but then un-registered (dropped all courses) before the semester began, you may not readmit. Please submit a new CUNY Application or contact Admissions to defer your recent application from last semester to reopen your path to a college degree.
- I took an ePermit class at BMCC once. Can I readmit? No. ePermit classes allow you to take advantage of BMCC’s offerings while you are officially still a student at another CUNY college. You earned class credits for your degree, but you were not on record as a BMCC student. You may apply to take another ePermit course, or you may submit a CUNY Transfer Application to become an official BMCC student pursuing a BMCC Associates Degree.
- I am/was taking courses in Non-Degree status: Students in non-degree status do not need to readmit to continue their studies. To continue to take non-degree courses, you may simply register for the next semester in CUNYfirst. (However, if you take break from classes for one semester, then you must submit a new non-degree application to reactivate your eligibility to register.) If you wish to apply your earned non-degree credits to a new BMCC degree, please submit a CUNY Transfer Application to update your student status.
- I participated in a College Now program during high school and took classes at BMCC:
That’s wonderful! We are excited that you want to continue your education at BMCC. Please submit a CUNY Application to officially join the Panther Family and choose a major of study. If you are admitted, we will make sure all your College Now classes are added to your student record. You are on the fast track to graduation!
How to Apply for Readmission
To get started, choose the appropriate Readmission Form link below:
Option 1: Sign in with your BMCC email address if you attended BMCC within the last 10 years. Your student email is still active.
Option 2: Create a Dynamic Forms account to complete the form. Use this option if you attended BMCC more than 10 years ago. Your student email was deactivated.
If you experience any difficulty accessing the Readmission Application, please email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Things to Know about Readmission
- No fee is required at the time of submission. A $20 readmit fee will be applied on your tuition bill.
- Your application for readmission will be reviewed within 2-3 business days. You will receive an email with next steps.
- We may ask you to present proof of NYC residency even if you presented proof when you first attended BMCC.
Transferring Credits from Other Schools
- Students who attended a non-CUNY college while on leave from BMCC will need to submit an official transcript to BMCC or an official e-transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation of credits.
- If you attended a CUNY school while on leave, please indicate which one on the form.
- If you are accepted for readmission, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) right away to get financial aid support set up for the coming semester.
- Students who were placed on academic probation during their last semester at BMCC may still receive financial aid when they return. In addition to the FAFSA, please submit a Title IV Appeal to TitleIV@bmcc.cuny.edu.
Readmission After Being Academically Dismissed
If you took time away from BMCC because you were academically dismissed, we want to make sure you have a strong restart. Before you come back to school, we want to hear your story. We want to know what happened in the past and work with you to make a plan to get back on track.
A Committee on Academic Standing (CAS) Appeal gives you the chance to tell your side of the story. We will review your case and make sure you have people in your corner to support you as you succeed.
How to Complete a CAS Appeal:
- Download and complete the CAS Appeal form. This form and the personal statement you will attach to it are your chance to share your story and document your situation.
- Write a personal statement and gather documentation. Scroll down to see our Helpful Hints about this step!
- Save your personal statement and supporting documentation as PDF files.
- Set up an Appointment with a Counselor. Let’s talk and make a plan for you to reach your goals. After you finish Steps 1-3, email CounselingCenter@bmcc.cuny.edu with a simple message introducing yourself. Attach your CAS Appeal Form and personal statement.Request an appointment by completing the Appeals Request Form. Once the Counseling Center receives your request, appeal form and personal statement, they will email you with details about your appointment to speak with a counselor.