Online Tutoring is one of the many ways that BMCC is extending its academics support services to students to make their college career a success. Online Tutoring connects students with certified BMCC tutors from any internet-enabled device. Students can use chat, screen-sharing, whiteboard and /or audio-video features to speak with a tutor in real-time.
Live Online Tutoring utilizes audio, visual, electronic whiteboard and chat technology to provide students with virtual tutoring sessions anywhere they have internet access. Students can register for a virtual tutoring appointment or participate in live chat sessions with a BMCC certified tutor.
- ACC 122, 222, 230, 241
- BIO 108, 109, 110, 210, 220, 420, 425, 426
- ENG 088/ 095/ 101/ 201/ 300+ (Also available for College Discovery and ASAP Students)
- ESL 49, 54, 94, 95
- SPN 101(105)/102 (106), 103 (107), 200, 210
- ITL 101, 102, 105, 106, 121, 200, 210
- PSY 100, 200
- MAT 008, 012, 051, 056, 150, 150.5, 206, 301, 302, 303 (Also available for College Discovery and ASAP Students)
- Live online tutoring utilizes audio, visual, electronic whiteboard and chat technology to provide students with virtual tutoring sessions anywhere they have internet access. Students can register for a virtual tutoring appointment or participate in live chat sessions with a certified tutor.
- E-Tutoring is an e-mail based form of online tutoring available to all BMCC students. E-Tutoring allows students to email a tutoring question* or written assignment to the college’s e-tutors for evaluation. E-tutoring questions are responded to within 24 hours of receipt Monday to Friday. Note: Questions submitted during the weekend, if not answered within 24 hours, will be answered on the following Monday except when classes are not in session.
All of BMCC’s certified tutors are dynamic individuals hired by subject. Tutors assist students in improving their understanding of course work. Online tutors at BMCC are required to meet strict qualifications and are constantly evaluated to ensure they are providing the best possible assistance.
Students who are unable to attend tutoring sessions on campus or just prefer to learn in their own comfort zone are encouraged to utilize online tutorial services.
Students can sign up for live tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual learning center, where they can meet with a tutor one-on-one or in a group. Students should have access to a computer* equipped with a microphone and webcam to access the online session. In order to continuously improve online tutoring services, students are asked to complete a quick survey about the services they receive upon completion of an online tutoring session.
*Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets can be used as well but may restrict students’ ability to communicate in real time depending on the session.
- Step 1: Go to https://bmcc.upswing.io/ and click on Log in Now.
- Step 2: Enter your BMCC User Name and Password.
- Step 3: Select Meet with a Tutor.
- Step 4: Search for the subject or class you need help with.
- Step 5: Schedule a session with a certified BMCC tutor.
- Step 6: Click Go to Room on the tutoring section of your profile, and get to it!