There’s No Time Like Now
It may never seem like the right time to go back to school when you’re juggling adult responsibilities—a family, working full-time or caring for an elderly parent. If you’ve reached a point personally or professionally where you:
- Would like to earn more money
- Are interested in having more career options
- Want to gain new skills to increase job security
- Seek personal fulfillment through learning
- Want to set an example for family members
Give yourself and your family the best chance for success at BMCC.
Stepping back into the classroom as an adult learner can be intimidating, but you’re not alone. 26% of our students are over the age of 25 and looking for a change, upgrade or do-over to advance their career.
You’ll have a network of your peers, staff and professors who value the real-life experiences and perspective you bring to the BMCC community.
- Try out one of our Adult Education and Literacy Week Events.
Get an Academic Tune-Up
Sharpen your academic skills in reading, writing, math, computers or English-language learning. Explore BMCC’s credit and noncredit college preparation programs.
- High School Equivalency/TASC/GED
- College Readiness
Ready to jump into a degree? BMCC has over 50 academic programs to help you build your competitive edge and increase your value to employers.
Our academic enrichment, success programs provide a supportive environment to help you earn your degree at your own pace or accelerate your studies. Complete your degree faster, speak to our Admissions specialist to get credit for prior college work.
Build on your strengths, broaden your educational experience and earn nationally-recognized credentials to keep ahead of the curve through Continuing Education.
If you’re undecided about your next step, don’t worry. Our academic advisors will help you explore your interests and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
65% of all jobs require some form of postsecondary education.
Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce
The cost of attending school is a major factor when considering all you do to make ends meet. BMCC saves you thousands of dollars because our tuition is significantly lower than a 4-year college, and we have many options to help you cover college costs. BMCC advisors will help you apply for financial aid, scholarships and other benefits.
- Federal and State Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Tuition Payment Plan – Interest-Free
- BMCC Foundation Scholarship
- Public/Private Scholarships
- Career/Job Search Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement (Continuing Education)
- Advocacy and Resource Center Financial Benefits Emergency Assistance – MetroCards, food vouchers, housing assistance and more.
At BMCC, 7 out of 10 students attend tuition-free
At BMCC, 9 out of 10 students graduate debt-free
Maximize Your Time
Schedule your education during convenient times, days and locations that fit in with your busy life.
- Flexible day, evening and weekend classes
- Online classes
- Off-site locations at other CUNY and private institutions in Harlem, Brooklyn and the Bronx
Connect to Resources
We provide tailored support services to help you navigate college life while balancing competing priorities. Our Student Hub can help you explore these resources:
- Personal Academic Advisor
- Online and In-Person Tutoring
- Personal Counseling
- Career Assistance
- On-Campus Child Care
- International/Veteran/Accessibility Services
Start Here. Go Anywhere.
Our commitment is your success. BMCC credits transfer easily to a bachelor’s degree program within CUNY, SUNY and top private institutions such as New York University, Columbia University, Long Island University, Morehouse College and Cornell University, among others.
70% of BMCC students continue their education after graduation.
An education from BMCC pays off. The foundation alumni gain has increased family incomes, transformed lives, and made dreams possible.
Start here to take your skills to the next level. Apply today!