The Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) offers free services to students to ensure that they have the support they need in order to focus on their studies and succeed in college. These services include:
- Food Assistance: Our Panther Pantry provides nutritionally balanced non-perishable and frozen food for students facing a food emergency. Hot meals are provided on Thursdays from 1:00p.m. to 2:00p.m. in the Advocacy and Resource Center office. We also provide students with online links to SNAP.
- Emergency Grant Assistance: Students facing financial hardship can apply for emergency grants to assist with rent, utilities, and textbook costs.
- Health Insurance: We partner with health insurance navigators who advise and assist students in enrolling in a health insurance plan (this process is currently remote; in-person services are planned to resume Fall 2022).
- Legal Services: We partner with lawyers who can provide free advice on legal matters ranging from landlord/tenant problems to immigration issues.
- Financial Counseling: ARC no longer provides direct financial counseling. However, free, confidential financial counseling is provided by New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) financial counselors. They can provide guidance on budgeting, debt reduction and opening bank accounts.
- Tax Preparation: Assistance with tax preparation is available during Tax season.