Reporting of all positive cases impacting the BMCC community will continue to be managed by the Health Monitoring Coronavirus Liaison (Director Penelope Jordan at email@example.com), who will immediately notify the Campus Coronavirus Coordinator (Jorge E. Yafar).
Reporting Positive Cases
Students, faculty and staff are obligated to report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 to the Health Monitoring Coronavirus Liaison.
BMCC students, faculty and staff who believe they may have COVID-19 and are awaiting test results or have positive test results must notify their the Liaison via the reporting form. Contact will be made with the individual to identify all members of the BMCC community who were in close contact during the time that the individual would have been contagious.
Reported positive cases impacted the BMCC community will also be reported on the BMCC COVID-19 Dashboard which also provides a direct link to the NYS COVID-19 CUNY tracker for additional information and historical data.
The Coronavirus liaison will also evaluate in collaboration with the Coronavirus Coordinator and other relevant Liaisons the level of exposure to others within the community as a result of a reported positive case. Based on this evaluation a communication will be emailed to all impacted BMCC community members acknowledging the potential exposure and providing guidance on monitoring symptoms or potentially getting tested.
Based on the determined level of exposure the BMCC Coronavirus team in coordination with CUNY will make a determination on any additional steps that need to be considered or taken to reduce the potential of internal spread.
- The Liaison will ensure that the state and local health department are immediately notified about the case (and notify the CUNY Senior Vice Chancellor for Institutional Affairs Glenda Grace).
- In the case of an individual testing positive, the Liaison will develop plans with local health departments to trace all contacts of the individual in accordance with protocols, training and tools provided through the New York State Contact Tracing Program. Confidentiality must be maintained as required by federal and state law and regulations. BMCC will continue to cooperate with state and local health department contact tracing, isolation and quarantine efforts.
- The Liaison will continue to ensure that reporting plans are in place for individuals who are alerted that they have come into close or proximate contact with a person with COVID-19, and have been alerted to such exposure via tracing, tracking or other mechanism.
- The Liaison will continue to advise individuals, depending on how severe their symptoms are, and follow CDC Guidance for caring for oneself and others.
- The Liaison has established a procedures for safely transporting anyone who is sick to their home or to a healthcare facility. When calling an ambulance or bringing someone to the hospital, the liaison will call first to alert them that the person may have COVID-19.
- The Liaison through the New York State Contact Tracing Program, will inform those who have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home or in their living quarters and self-monitor for symptoms, and follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
- College-Wide Town Hall (07/15/21)
- College-Wide Open Forum (05/18/21)
- Air Filtration at BMCC
- Steps on wearing a surgical mask