The Advocacy and Resource Center partners with The Legal Aid Society and CUNY Citizenship NOW! to assist students with free legal counsel. Students can speak with a lawyer to discuss any issues of legal concern.
The Legal Aid Society
The Legal Aid Society, in partnership with CUNY, has created some Know Your Rights videos, which you can access below:
- Child Support
- Identity Theft
- Unemployment Insurance
- Apartment Repairs
- Breaking Your Lease
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Custody and Visitation
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Social Security Overpayments
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Security Deposits
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Right to Counsel in Housing Court
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Living With Roommates in New York City
CUNY Citizenship NOW!
CUNY Citizenship NOW has partnered with BMCC to bring immigration services to you.
Attorneys will be available once a month, to consult with you on immigration issues, assisting with:
- Naturalization Applications
- TPS and DACA Applications
- Advice on other immigration issues
All consultations are by appointment only.