Update: Due to the current situation we have moved all of our services to an on-line format which including live chats, on-line workshops and meetings.
Get career advice via a video or phone chat.
Set up a meeting with a career advisor.
Use Career Express to search for jobs.
The Center for Career Development is here to help BMCC students prepare for future jobs and internships. We will work with you to make sure you have all the tools and information you need to be successful.
The Center for Career Development remains committed to connecting our students to internship, job, and professional development opportunities. We currently have various virtual options to keep you connected to our students; visit our Employer Resources page for more details.
Video and Phone Career Advising
The Career Center is open for business! While BMCC courses are being offered on-line for the duration of the spring 2020 semester, the Career Center will offer remote / on-line career advising by video-chat and email. Simply follow the instructions in the section below on how to schedule an appointment, and indicate your meeting preference type (Video, Phone, or Email) when you make your appointment. Your career advisor will send you the appropriate contact information prior to your appointment.
Video appointments will be hosted on the Zoom platform; students and alumni can create a free Zoom account and speak with Career Advisors on their Laptop/PCs, or by using the Zoom App (iOS / Android).
Meet with a Career Advisor
- Exploring your major and career options
- Taking our career interest and personality assessments
- Assist in constructing your resume or cover letters for job/internship applications
- Preparing you for interviews through interview coaching (mock interviews)
- Helping you build an action plan to clarify your goals and connect you with resources to achieve them!
* Virtual Walk-in hours (no appointment necessary) are also available Monday – Friday, 2–4 p.m. and alternative Saturdays on Zoom.
Career Coach is an on-line system designed to help students start their career exploration and find relevant local wage and employment data, education opportunities tied to their career paths, and live job postings. Students can also complete a career assessment for additional guidance and self-discovery.