Welcome to the Center for Career Development at Borough of Manhattan Community College. We offer various services to our employer partners in order to maximize your recruiting efforts.
Employers can access a unique talent pool of undergraduates, recent graduates and alumni to fill important roles within their organization.
BMCC students are well equipped with today’s globalized workforce hailing from over 163 countries and speaking over 111 languages. Our students specialize in various disciplines including Business, Healthcare, Social Sciences, Technology and Liberal Arts. Get to know our students a little better here.
We offer the following services to allow you to meet our students and build your brand on campus:
- Online Recruiting (Career Express)
- On Campus Recruitment Tabling
- Interviews on Campus
- Corporate Presentations/Information Sessions
- Career Fairs
Online Recruiting (Career Express)
Employers can register for a FREE account on Career Express which allows you to post job/internship opportunities online. You will be able to manage and disseminate all of your postings while targeting specific candidates you are interested in based on GPA, major, etc.
- Create an account in Career Express.
- Post an internship or job if you already have an employer account.
- Tabling: Employers can meet with students and share information on the organization in order to attract more applicants.
- Interviews on Campus: Employers can conveniently schedule interviews on campus for full time or paid internship opportunities.
Corporate Presentations/Information Sessions
Corporate Presentations/Information Sessions are typically held shortly before a recruiting event at an organization or before On Campus Interviews. Employers may also schedule a Corporate Presentation/Information Session to generate interest in the organization and available job/internship opportunities.
The Center for Career Development in collaboration with the Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP), offers annual Spring and Fall Career Fairs throughout the academic year. Organizations recruiting for internships, seasonal, part-time and full-time career opportunities are invited to register.
For more information on the aforementioned services please email our Employer Relations Team at EmployerRelations@bmcc.cuny.edu .
Policies & Procedures
- For-profit organizations must provide appropriate compensation as required by the US Department of Labor (academic credit or hourly minimum wage). Internships for academic credit must meet FLSA requirements and be structured as a learning experience*. Refer to the Six Factor Test.
- Company email must be used in order to verify your affiliation with the institution.
- We do not post positions from third party staffing agencies online.
- We do not accept postings for international internships
- The opportunities provided by your company are not suitable for our students (commission based internships, campus ambassadors, home based business, start-up companies without Employer Identification Number).
- How long can I post a position for?
You are given a 60 day period to post your opportunity. However, if you have not filled your vacancy you may re-post the position at any time.
- How can I post an unpaid internship for academic credit?
You may post an unpaid internship for credit if it is a learning opportunity for the students with no more than 20% administrative work. Once posted on Career Express however the student’s request for academic credit is subject to to approval by the Cooperative Education Department.
- How can I obtain a resume bundle/resume book?
We do not provide resume bundles/books at this time.
- Why was my position or employer registration rejected?
Please review the email sent in regards. For additional questions, please contact Katherine Bedoya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the cost of attending a Career Fair?
Currently, our Career Fairs are free of charge.
- How many times may I participate in On Campus Recruitment Tabling a semester?
We have a limit of twice a semester per organization.