The BMCC Virtual Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is open: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., to assist students remotely.
Visit us via this Zoom link.
For additional assistance contact us with any questions.
In addition, the Organization for Student Veterans holds meetings from 2 – 4 p.m. on Wednesdays.
The VRC is proud to help U.S. veterans continue their education at BMCC, and are available to help them adjust to college and civilian life with services that include:
- Assistance for student veterans, Reservist, National Guard and military-connected family members applying for VA/GI Bill educational entitlements
- Assistance with processing all VA enrollment certifications
- Peer-to-peer student veteran mentoring
- Connecting military-connected students to campus and community services (as necessary)
- Graduate social work interns (PROVE) who can assist students with transition and readjustments challenges and provide support as needed
- BMCC accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- BMCC provides a detailed list of Tuition and Fees.
- Students transferring to BMCC can obtain information regarding courses and transfer credits.
- BMCC prohibits the use of commissions, bonuses, or other incentive payment programs given to employees or contractors for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members.
- In accordance with DoD MOU, paragraph 3.j.(3), BMCC refrains from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.
- Military Service Members using DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.
Benefits and Resources
Service persons, veterans, their dependents, their survivors, and other persons eligible to receive VA education benefits with assistance from the VRC staff.