BMCC students can maintain their status at BMCC while studying abroad with another school or organization. This can be a good option if you want to study abroad in the fall, winter or spring, or if you are interested in a course/location that BMCC is not offering in the summer.
BMCC also has an agreement with the Rennes School of Business in France for students who want to complete their bachelor’s degree abroad. See below for more information.
CUNY Study Abroad
Our students have taken advantage of many programs, including:
- Brooklyn College: China and South Korea
- College of Staten Island: Italy
- Hunter College: Spain
- John Jay College: Indonesia
- Lehman College (in partnership with Bronx CC): United Kingdom
- Queens College: France and Italy
Start researching programs in this searchable database of CUNY programs. Application and cost will vary by program.
- Receiving Academic Credit: In order to receive academic credit with another CUNY study abroad program, students will need to file an ePermit.
- Cost and Financial Aid: Students admitted to a CUNY study abroad program can transfer financial aid to cover the cost of tuition. If students need financial aid for airfare and program fees, they must add these expenses to their FAFSA under Cost of Attendance. For winter study abroad programs, an additional loan may be requested in the fall semester to cover the program fee. For summer study abroad programs, an additional loan may be requested in the spring semester. Payments should be coordinated with the CUNY college.
CIEE Study Abroad
CIEE is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that offers programs in a variety of disciplines and countries. BMCC and other CUNY students have participated in their programs.
You can start researching programs on the CIEE site.
- Receiving Academic Credit: Once you have selected a program, send the syllabus to BMCC’s Office of Admissions to determine how the course may transfer into your degree at BMCC.
- Cost and Financial Aid: Students may be able to transfer financial aid to a CIEE program if you plan to receive credit.
- Scholarships: CIEE offers many need-based and merit-based scholarships. Learn more here.
- Frederick Douglass Fellowship Program: This is both a scholarship and summer study abroad program. The fellowship covers 100% of tuition, program fees and travel costs. Learn more here.
Rennes School of Business (France)
Want to learn the French perspective on Marketing, International Business, Supply Chain or Finance? The Rennes School of Business offers opportunities for BMCC students to complete their Bachelor’s degree in Business in France in one year after an Associate’s Degree. Tuition costs are typically lower than in the US. The program is FAFSA eligible for Direct subsidized and unsubsidized loans. Courses are taught in English. Reach out to the Academic Advisement & Transfer Center for more information.