BMCC is dedicated to promoting research and scholarly activity among its faculty and students. As part of its strategic plan, BMCC is expanding efforts in training and support of faculty and student researchers. In the STEM fields, student researchers engage in Faculty mentored scientific research. These studies are conducted in our Core Student Research Laboratories which are fully equipped to engage students in a number of disciplines including biological sciences, engineering sciences, chemistry and physics.
News and Program Highlights
- 2018 BMCC Annual Research Symposium
- CUNY Community College Research Grant Program Application now Open
- BMCC Research Students Showcase Mentor-led Work at CUNY-Wide Symposium
- BARS 2017 Showcases BMCC Student Research
- BMCC Receives $230,407 from NSF for Research on Dark Matter
- Professors Collectively Receive Almost $161,000 in PSC-CUNY Research Awards
- BMCC One of 15 Colleges Nationwide to Win $1 Million NSF Grant for STEM Education
- MSEIP-RISE PROGRAM: Minority Science Engineering Improvement Program (MSEIP)-Retention and Improvements in STEM Education (RISE)
- Since 1992, BMCC Associate Professor of Science Chiaki Yanagisawa has been part of an international team that has now discovered that neutrinos have mass.
- BMCC: First Community College to Lead Major NIH Grant