The BMCC Foundation Fund (BFF) Research Program supports 30 exceptional students in STEM and Humanities based faculty-mentored research per year. BFF requires students to complete 100 hours of research per semester. This program runs in parallel to the CUNY Research Scholars Program (CRSP), but is only active in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Stipend of $1000 for one-time participation in program
- Participate in faculty mentored research project
- Present research at BMCC Annual Research Symposium (BARS)
- Full-time student with at least 12 credits completed
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to receive the full stipend amount. International students interested in this program can only receive partial payment for tax purposes.
- Must be willing to commit to 100 hours (10 hours a week) of research related
activity with their mentor for an entire semester
How to Apply
Each year, the BMCC Foundation funds 30 scholars to conduct research that promotes and contributes to the research community at BMCC. The BMCC Foundation Fund (BFF) research program is geared to develop and reinforce the research experience of 15 exceptional student researchers who are interested in academic research for one semester.
To apply please download the BMCC Foundation Fund Application.