The CUNY Research Scholars Program (CRSP) aims to increase the participation of high achieving CUNY community college students in faculty-mentored research in science and technology. CRSP participants must be full-time students majoring in a STEM field. CRSP is a rigorous program that provides $4,000 for a 1-year commitment to mentored research through one academic year and summer. CRSP students are required to give oral presentations, poster presentations, attend career development seminars and produce a publication-quality research poster.
- Stipend for student researchers
- Faculty mentored research
- Opportunity to present research projects
- Career development seminars
- Producing a publication-quality research poster
- Full time with at least 12 credits completed
- GPA must be 3.0 or above
- STEM Major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have an existing relationship with the BMCC STEM faculty member you have chosen to be your mentor. Ideally, the research between mentor and student has already been established prior to entering the CRSP.
- Must be willing to commit to one year/ at least 400 hours of research related activity with their mentor as a BMCC student:
- Fall: 100 hours: 10 hours a week
- Spring: 100 hours: 10 hours a week
- Summer: 200 hours: 25 hours a week
Apply to CRSP
The CUNY Research Scholars Program at BMCC enrolls thirty (30) students every year. CRSP accepts applications once a year in the fall semester. Students are encouraged to apply if they have developed a relationship with a research mentor through other undergraduate research programs at BMCC such as BFF.
For more information about the program, please review the CUNY Research Scholars Program (CRSP).
Apply Now: The 2021-2022 CRSP application is now open.