The BMCC STEP Program is a pre-college enrichment program, providing NYC high school students with innovative academic enrichment in science and mathematics content areas. Our goal is to encourage and increase the presence of historically under-represented groups in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM careers) and licensed professions.
- Enriches science and mathematics instruction.
- Provides laboratories for supervised training in research method.
- Conducts summer programs.
- Provides standardized test preparation and practice.
- Assists students with the college application process.
- Be a NYC high school student, and
- Be a NY State resident (have lived in NY state for 1+ years), and
- Submit economic eligibility documentation.
Applying to the Program
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about applying to STEP for High School Students.