Accepted International Student Checklist
- Claim your CUNYfirst Account.
If you have not done so already, visit https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu. Click the “New User” link below the login fields. Enter a your name and credentials as emailed to you by CUNY after you submitted your application.
- Accept your Offer of Admission.
Let’s make it official! Log in to your CUNYfirst student account. View your BMCC application from the Admissions section of the Student Center. Click the “I Accept” button to confirm that you will attend BMCC for the upcoming semester.
- Apply for a BMCC Form I-20 from the International Student Services Office (ISSO).
To obtain an F-1 student visa from the United States government, you will need to present a valid Form 1-20 issued by BMCC.
- If you are currently OUTSIDE the U.S. and applying for an F-1 visa, please review information on the F-1 visa interview process on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s “Study in the States” website.
- If you are INSIDE the U.S. with F-1 status and studying at another school, please review the F-1 SEVIS Transfer process.
- Submit Immunization Information.
We need to know you are healthy before you can start school. Download the MMR/Meningitis immunization form. Fill it in, attach a copy of your health records, and send to Health Services. You will need to show proof of two doses of measles vaccine, one dose of mumps vaccine, and one dose of rubella vaccine. How to submit your form:
- Email copies to email@example.com
- Drop off in person at the Health Services Office in N-380, 199 Chambers Street
- Fax copies to +1 (212) 220-2367.
For more information, see the Health Services Office website.
- Schedule a Meeting with your Academic Advisor.
Meet with a BMCC academic advisor to plan your classes for the semester. Continue to check your email for information on your Academic Advisement appointment. The sooner you see your adviser, the sooner you can register! Don’t wait!
- Register for classes in CUNYfirst.
After talking to an advisor, you may register for classes using CUNYfirst. View a guide to registering. If you get stuck, you may visit our Enrollment Lab team for assistance in room S-114.
- Attend an International Student Orientation Session.
Dates for Spring 2020 Orientation:
- Wednesday, January 8
- Wednesday, January 15
- Wednesday, January 22
If you have questions about any of the steps above, please visit the International Student Services Office (ISSO, Room S-115N) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you!