Applications For Services
- The Office of Accessibility (OA) is currently accepting applications. Students diagnosed with a disability who request services are required to provide appropriate and current documentation. Please be sure to check the CUNY Disability Documentation Guidelines when submitting documentation.
- As explained in the CUNY Disability Documentation Guidelines, please keep in mind that prior documentation such as an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or a history of receiving accommodations from a former school does not necessarily validate the need for services or continuation of accommodations at the university level. However, this history and these documents can be attached to current documentation.
- Once you’ve been approved for services you’ll receive an approval email listing your accommodations, so be sure to check your email regularly.
- If you have been approved for a note-taker as one of your accommodations, you should still have one for your remote learning class.
- Your professors and note takers have been notified of the new procedures and who will have a note taker. Please contact Kokou at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Testing and Quizzes
- For the rest of the Spring 2020 semester we ARE NOT using the usual “Release of Examination” form for quizzes and exams. This policy will be in effect until further notice.
- Process – Before your test/quiz it is your responsibility to reach out to your professor to let them know you’re registered with the Office of Accessibility (gives them time to accommodate as appropriate)
- Your professors have already been notified of new testing procedure and who in their class is registered with the Office of Accessibility.
- Just as with the usual emails sent to professors at the beginning of each semester, they are only informed of your accommodations, not your disability.
- Please contact the office with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org.