It is our mission at BMCC ASAP to ensure that students receive comprehensive support in order to succeed academically, professionally, and personally. We also understand the important role parents play in achieving this goal. Partnering with you makes all the difference. We want to thank you for your hard work and dedication. To make things easy for you, we have put together some useful information.
Our goal at ASAP is to ensure that students successfully graduate with their Associate’s Degree within 2-3 years. Our student/advisor partnership is one of the primary reasons for our success. In addition to a personal advisor, students receive a tuition-gap waiver (for
qualifying students), semester MetroCard, textbook voucher (at the BMCC book store), success workshops, and more! Students receive all the support they need to accomplish this goal. As an ASAP student students are required to:
- Meet an advisor twice a month
- Maintain full-time enrollment status – 12 or more credit hours per semester
- Maintain minimum 2.0 GPA
- Be in an ASAP-approved major. Most qualify!
- Complete all remedial courses as soon as possible
- Attend tutoring as assigned
- Complete four ASAP-reserved courses in the first year
All students who are eligible to file for financial aid must do so even if they believe they will not receive financial assistance. We define financial aid as the FAFSA and TAP applications. Both applications are free! Students who do not qualify to file for financial aid must submit an Affidavit of Tuition Payment. It is important to know that BMCC must be listed on each application as the primary college using the school codes below.
- FAFSA school code – 002691
- TAP school code – 1404
- October – FAFSA and TAP application become available online
- BMCC Web Lab – Need help filling out the FAFSA and TAP applications? Visit the Web Lab in room S-115C in Main Campus!
- Scholarships – Need additional financial assistance? Apply for scholarships! Additional information online or at the Financial Aid office
CUNY Pathways are a set of courses available at all CUNY colleges that meet basic graduation requirements. Taking a pathways course guarantees that it will transfer to another CUNY college and will meet the same graduation requirement there. You can find more information about Pathways by visiting the BMCC Pathways website.
BMCC offers an online calendar that clearly indicates important college dates throughout the semester. Dates include: official first and last day of the semester, dates in which students can properly drop a class (and refund policies), class and college closures, course schedule changes, and final examinations. It is important to note that all students are expected to be aware of these important dates. View the complete academic calendar.