The Office of Public Affairs can help increase your reach to internal/external audiences with effective marketing, communications and public relations tools that will tell your story, elevate your news or promote your event. We are available to provide consultation, guidance, project management and creative services to ensure you meet your goals.
Please complete the Project Request Form to indicate your needs.
After your request form has been approved by your supervisor, you will be contacted for a follow-up discussion. Questions? Please contact Public Affairs at (212) 346-8501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you.
What you should know
- Proposed projects should be focused, thought-out and align with the college’s overall goals.
- Advance planning and lead time are important. Please take into consideration the date of your event and necessary lead time it will take to market/advertise. Providing enough lead time will allow Public Affairs to develop a strategy to fit your needs.
- Please complete one request form per project. The form must be completed and submitted at once.
- Designate a point person to coordinate with Public Affairs.
- Projects accepted are contingent upon time and resources available.
- Deadlines will be decided upon receipt of the request form.
- Services are free, but departments may be required to pay for production costs (printing, ads, event materials, etc.)
- Projects must be approved by your supervisor and budgeted for before production begins.
- All materials and communications for external audiences must be reviewed and approved by Public Affairs.
- Final decisions rest with Public Affairs staff on style, text phrasing, design, illustrations, and placement to ensure the materials developed contain a consist brand image.
- If we cannot assist you on your project, we can likely offer helpful suggestions to meet your request.
Project Estimated Lead Times
|Design for printed material||up to 3 weeks
*For complex design requests, 6 – 8 week advance notice, in addition to print time
|Press Release/Event Publicity||up to 2 weeks|
|Web Page||4 – 6 weeks|
|Digital Signage/ Social Media||up to 1 week|
|Photography||1 – 2 weeks|
|Videography||3 – 6 weeks|
|Printing||2 – 4 weeks
*Time may take longer if in-house or outsourced
|Mailing||2 – 4 weeks|