The Office of Public Affairs serves as a point of contact between members of the campus community and the media, and heightens BMCC’s profile on a local and national level. Working with departments and offices across the College, we promote BMCC’s faculty achievement, student success and academic excellence to the citizens of New York City and beyond.
Goals and Outcomes
Goal: To build and maintain a positive reputation of the College through public relations and communications outreach
- Increase the amount of news coverage on local and national levels.
- Arrange media opportunities for the college’s professors to share their expertise on a variety of timely topics.
- Enhance communications efforts with internal and external audiences with news and announcements on printed, online, and social media channels.
Goal: To build local, national and international awareness of the college through strategic marketing and branding efforts
- Create advertisement campaigns and branding efforts for local,
national and international audiences.
- Establish new media partners (print and digital) to place
advertisements to attract new audiences that include more
- Collaborate with academic and administrative departments to maximize
outside partnerships and build awareness through advertisements and
- Produce high-quality photography and video highlighting the colleges
students, faculty and academic programs.
Goal: To cultivate and engage prospective donors and alumni
- Provide printed and digital publications highlighting BMCC news and
information to donors and alumni.
- Create news stories and marketing materials to promote generosity of
donors and successful alumni.
- Increase awareness and branding of
BMCC’s news stories, program offerings and events to external
audiences that include donors and alumni.