Welcome to BMCC! We are delighted that you have decided to join the BMCC family.
What is Academic Advisement?
Academic advisement is a collaborative process between you, the student, and an academic or faculty advisor with the purpose of helping you reach your educational, professional and personal goals.
At BMCC, all matriculated students are required to meet with an advisor each semester prior to registration for the following term. Incoming students must complete orientation offered by Student Affairs’ New Student Programs.
In order to be advised, you must either be exempt/proficient in writing, reading and mathematics or have a proficiency/placement information posted to your record. English as Second Language (ESL) learners may also be required to take a diagnostic in writing and reading. You can consult with the Testing Office at email@example.com for more information.
In addition, transfer students must have a transfer credits evaluation completed by the Admissions Office and posted on CUNYfirst prior to advisement. To view your transfer credit evaluation, please follow the steps below:
- Login to CUNYfirst at https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Select HR/Campus Solutions, then Self Service followed by Student Center
- In the Academics section, click Other Academic drop down and select Transfer Credit: Report and then the Go icon:
Meeting with an Advisor
Join our Drop-In Session on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 or Wednesday, April 27, 2022 from 9am to 5:15pm to meet with an advisor using the Zoom information below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 833 2685 8454
If you are unable to attend one of these Drop-In sessions or if you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to include your full name and your 8-digit CUNYfirst ID (EMPLID) number in all of your email communications.
Students enrolled in Allied Health Sciences programs (Health Informatics, Health Information Technology, Paramedic or Respiratory Therapy) will be advised by the Allied Health Sciences department. The Allied Health Sciences department can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Outside Courses Applied to Your BMCC Degree
- Center for Continuing Education and Workforce Development Articulation Agreements: These agreements allow students to apply coursework completed through the Center for Continuing Education & Workforce Development towards college credits in specific degree programs at BMCC.
- Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) Articulation Agreements:These agreements allow students to apply coursework completed through the Manhattan Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC) towards college credits in specific programs at BMCC.