The Counseling Center supports the academic mission of the university and the academic success of students by providing high quality counseling and mental health services to students and consultative services to faculty and staff.
Counselors assist students in addressing psychological and adjustment issues (i.e., depression, anxiety, and relationships) and problems or issues including stress/time management that can negatively impact academic performance, student retention, graduation rates, and quality of life. The Center works collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create and maintain a campus environment that encourages and supports psychological well-being.
- Counselors are available for walk-in visits & group sessions.
- Counseling is free for all currently enrolled students.
- Stop by Room S-343 at 199 Chambers Street or call (212) 220-8140 for more information.
Spring Break Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Appointments Are Available :
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (last appointment is at 6:30 p.m.)
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (last appointment is at 4:30 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday (closed)
(free and confidential; open 24 hours a day)
- Suicide Prevention: 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255) – National Suicide Prevention Hotline
TTY: (800) 799-4889
- Domestic Violence: 1 (800) 621-HOPE (4673) – Safe Horizons NYC
1 (800) 799-SAFE (7233) – National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Sexual Assault: 1 (800) 942-6906 – NY State Sexual & Domestic Violence Hotline
- Substance Abuse: 1 (877) 8-HOPE NY (846-7369) – NY Substance Abuse & Problem Gambling Hotline
- Hotline for Veterans: 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255) – Press 1 after dialing the number
- LGBTQ-friendly Hotlines: 1 (866) 488-7386 – Trevorline
(212) 714-1141 – NYC Anti-VIolence Project
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Hotline and Referral: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355)