Identify Your Strengths
We can help you learn more about your personality, interests, and skills with the following assessment tools. Schedule a pre-assessment appointment for:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) The purpose of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) personality inventory help individuals understand more about their personality type and identify interests, reactions, values, motivations, and skills. The goal of knowing your personality type is to identify and understand more about your strengths and weaknesses.
- The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is an interest inventory used in career assessment. The goal of this assessment is to give insight into a person’s interests, so that they may have less difficulty in deciding on an appropriate career choice for themselves.
- Pymetrics assess cognitive and personality traits through quick neuroscience games. These games are based on big data, decades of neuroscience research and machine learning. The results are used to match students to companies that are looking for students with certain traits measured by the games. Click HERE to be directed to Pymetrics.
Attend career related workshops
- Resume 101 – Learn the basics on how to correctly format and craft your existing resume.
- LinkedIn and Networking – Learn how to create and use this social media platform to network with others and find job and internship opportunities.
- Perfecting the Interview – Learn how to respond to interview questions using the STAR method and how to apply transferrable skills from previous positions to your current job prospects.
- Job Search/Career Express – Get an overview of our online database career express as well as other tips for doing successful job and internship searches.
- Career Fair Prep – Stop by our career fair prep workshop to best understand how to attend a career fair and what tools you need before and after the fair to be successful in landing an interview.
- Assessment Workshop – Find out about the great career assessment options we provide and how they can assist you in finding your career path.
- Applications and Office Etiquette – Learn what information is needed and how to properly complete a job application as well as the basics of professional work etiquette.