College Discovery (CD) is a program that supports BMCC students so that they can achieve their goals in college and beyond. College Discovery works with BMCC students so they have the skills to do well in their classes, the financial help they may need, and personal and/or academic counseling.
- In-person tutoring in a variety of academic subjects
- E-tutoring from home
- Appointments with a CD counselor
- Personal Enrichment Program (PEP) Workshops
- CD Toolkit to assist you in your courses
- Use of College Student Indicator (CSI) to identify moods
- Be a legal resident of NYS for at least one year prior to entering the college
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Meet the financial guidelines
- Be accepted as a matriculated student at BMCC
College Discovery Works
We help our students with problems that might interfere with them staying in school and focusing on their schoolwork. The numbers show that College Discovery students have much higher rates of staying in school, finishing their associate’s degrees and moving on to a bachelor’s degree than students who do not have this support.
We Have the Experience
College Discovery has helped thousands of students over the years years. CUNY TV created a short video about College Discovery on our 50th anniversary—you will hear from some of our CD graduates and see what they are doing now.