College Discovery (CD) is a program that supports BMCC students so that they can achieve their goals in college and beyond. College Discovery works with BMCC students so they have the skills to do well in their classes, the financial help they may need, and personal and/or academic counseling.
- In-person tutoring in a variety of academic subjects
- E-tutoring from home
- Appointments with a CD counselor
- Personal Enrichment Program (PEP) Workshops
- CD Toolkit to assist you in your courses
- Use of College Student Indicator (CSI) to identify moods
- Be a legal resident of NYS for at least one year prior to entering the college
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Meet the financial guidelines
- Be accepted as a matriculated student at BMCC
College Discovery Works
We help our students with problems that might interfere with them staying in school and focusing on their schoolwork. The numbers show that College Discovery students have much higher rates of staying in school, finishing their associate’s degrees and moving on to a bachelor’s degree than students who do not have this support.
We Have the Experience
College Discovery has helped thousands of students over the years years. CUNY TV created a short video about College Discovery on our 50th anniversary—you will hear from some of our CD graduates and see what they are doing now.
BMCC is committed to students’ long-term success and will help you explore professional opportunities. Undecided? No problem. The college offers Career Coach for salary and employment information, job postings and a self-discovery assessment to help students find their academic and career paths. Visit Career Express to make an appointment with an advisor, search for jobs or sign-up for professional development activities with the Center for Career Development. Students can also visit the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning to gain real world experience in preparation for a four-year degree and beyond. These opportunities are available to help BMCC students build a foundation for future success.