Create Your Purpose-First Business with Confidence – Expert Guidance, Mentorship, and Resources to Launch Your Idea
*Fully Online Degree is Available
The Small Business/Entrepreneurship program provides career enhancement at any stage of life– for high school graduates, professionals, and small business owners among others. This two-year program will result in an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. Whether you want to be your own boss or use these skills for career advancement, then the Small Business/Entrepreneurship program is for you. Today entrepreneurship is everywhere and big companies want innovative thinkers.
SBE students will develop skills to think/act like an entrepreneur including:
- Build a ‘purpose first‘ business that can grow for the long-term, hire better employees, and find new customers faster;
- Learn and practice the steps to take an idea all the way to a working business;
- Discover how to reduce the risk of starting your own business;
- Receive support for your idea including access to many incubators, CUNY support, and funders;
- Create a network of mentors and fellow students who join you in being entrepreneurial in many aspects of life;
- Gain experience with team management, growth mindset, project organizing, market/industry analysis, and lean startup method;
- Practice using standard business tools such as QuickBooks, design thinking, Slack, Excel, and more;
- Learn skills for careers in sales, marketing, retail management, store management, or decide to work for a new company in one of the biggest startup cities in the world;
- Remember, careers are just another way to practice and gain experience to help you be a better manager, leader, and entrepreneur!
You will get connected! SBE has built strong partnerships with leaders who connect you into the New York City startup world, help you find a great mentor, and teach you the skills that everyone is using right now in business. Here are some of our partners and how they help you learn:
- Financial management coursework for entrepreneurs developed by the industry standard Intuit’s QuickBooks;
- CUNY Startups, CUNY I-Corps, and Baruch College’s Entrepreneurship Center can provide initial funding and advice;
- LeanStack and LivePlan: two powerful online tools for fine-tuning business ideas;
- Original Founders Festival access including 30+ mentors, 40+ student teams, & opportunities to showcase your idea to investors;
- Team assignments and projects will be available through Global Solutions, Blue Planet Inc, UN Sustainable Development Goals university partnerships*, and Centers for International Business Education & Research that teach you how to build purpose-driven business and connect you to teams around the world.
Citizen Entrepreneur Explorer Program (CEEP)
This capstone course allow students to build cultural competencies while engaging in research on entrepreneurial ecosystems through small businesses in their local communities. Students work on projects that are relevant and purposeful as well as tailored to the student’s interests.
Apply to BMCC and the Small Business/Entrepreneurship program today! If you have questions, do not hesitate to call (212) 220-8000, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for our social media @eshipBMCC
We look forward to helping you bring entrepreneurship to life!
BMCC has transfer agreements with several four year colleges to allow you to seamlessly continue your education there without any loss of credits. All coursework is transferrable to 4-year programs in CUNY and to other colleges.
BMCC is committed to students’ long-term success and will help you explore professional opportunities. Undecided? No problem. The college offers Career Coach for salary and employment information, job postings and a self-discovery assessment to help students find their academic and career paths. Visit Career Express to make an appointment with an advisor, search for jobs or sign-up for professional development activities with the Center for Career Development. Students can also visit the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning to gain real world experience in preparation for a four-year degree and beyond. These opportunities are available to help BMCC students build a foundation for future success.