The Small Business/Entrepreneurship (SBE) program is for high school graduates, professionals, and small business owners. The program will result in a two-year Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.
Whether you want to start a business, improve an existing one, or use entrepreneurship for career advancement, then Small Business/Entrepreneurship is for you.
SBE students will develop the necessary skills to think like an entrepreneur including:
- Learning and practicing the steps to take an idea all the way to a working business
- Receiving support for your idea including access to many incubators and funders
- Creating a network of mentors and fellow students who support being entrepreneurial in many aspects of life
- Marketable skills for many careers like sales, marketing, retail management, or going to work for the largest startup industry in the US
- Transferable credits to a 4-year program in CUNY and beyond
Apply to BMCC today. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call (212) 220-8222, email us, or sign up for our social media. We look forward to helping you bring entrepreneurship to life!
BMCC is committed to students’ long-term success and will help you explore professional opportunities. Undecided? No problem. The college offers Career Coach for salary and employment information, job postings and a self-discovery assessment to help students find their academic and career paths. Visit Career Express to make an appointment with an advisor, search for jobs or sign-up for professional development activities with the Center for Career Development. Students can also visit the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning to gain real world experience in preparation for a four-year degree and beyond. These opportunities are available to help BMCC students build a foundation for future success.
BMCC has articulation agreements with several four year colleges to allow you to seamlessly continue your education there without any loss of credits. Most business schools/programs in CUNY 4-year colleges take your credits. Contact the specific school you want to transfer first, email them with questions. Communicate with the SBE program after you have heard from the college of your choice.