Who may qualify for a Vallone Scholarship?
To qualify you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a Resident of New York City
- Graduate from a New York City high school with at least an 80(B) GPA
- Enroll at a CUNY college as a full-time student within one year of graduating from high school
- Register as a full-time student each semester (except summer) and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend CUNY before attending any other post secondary institution
Pursuit and Progress
- You must maintain continuous full-time (12 credits) enrollment within the City University of New York system
- You must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 that is calculated once a year at the end of the Spring semester
- Students pursuing an associate’s degree may receive the Peter F. Vallone Academic Scholarship for a maximum of six semesters. Those seeking a bachelor’s degree are limited to eight semesters of eligibility
- The award is not restored once it has been lost
How long can I receive the Vallone Scholarship?