Your Success is our Justice
Project Impact connects BMCC students who are first-generation and/or have been impacted directly or indirectly by the legal system with a mentor. Mentors, who have been impacted by the justice system in their own lives, help Project Impact students navigate the challenges of secondary education and facilitate access to supports.
Our services are confidential. Information you disclose to our staff or mentors will not be repeated. We understand that many people do not want to disclose personal information, particularly about being justice impacted, but be assured Project Impact is a safe and confidential space.
- Community Building Activities
- Dorm placement (limited availability)
- Emergency funds for eligible students
- Assistance with the college registration process (admission, financial aid)
- Assistance with transfers to 4-year colleges
Project Impact is a free program designed to help first-generation and system-impacted students students with their academic goals. This includes applying to and taking courses at BMCC as well as support to pursue a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma.
In order to enroll in our program you will need to:
- Be a New York City resident at the time you will be attending classes
- Attend an interview and orientation
How to Enroll
Please complete the interest form and we will get back to you.
If you have any questions, contact Olga Milman at email@example.com or (212) 776-6244.