College Now (CN) is a collaborative program of the City University of New York (CUNY) and the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE), serving over 700 students annually. The program’s goals are:
- to provide students a head start in college while
- also helping them improve their level of academic achievement in high school.
The College Now program offers challenging academic courses, tutoring, arts, campus tours and more.
- Experience the richness of college life while still in high school.
- Save Time and Money: While taking free college credit courses, College Now at BMCC not only strives to help students save time and money, but to also help push them ahead of their academic peers.
- Earning college credit in high school will help to make students’ college applications stand out amongst the best and the brightest.
- Be Better Prepared for the Future: With the chance to take on academic challenges and to participate in a wide range of cultural activities, our students can expect to have an easier transition into higher education, as well as improving their likelihood of graduating from college.
To enroll in a college credit course, you must be a junior or a senior in a NYC public school in the Fall 2016 and demonstrate that you meet the criteria listed below.
- 480 on the Verbal section of the SAT or at least a 75 on the English Language Arts Regents or at least a 50 on the Verbal section of the PSAT.
- At least a 480 on the Mathematics section of the SAT or at least a 75 on the Mathematics A Regents Exam or the Sequential II Regents or at least 50 on the Math section of the PSAT.
- Students who have not taken the Regents must have an overall high school GPA of 80 and include a letter of recommendation with your application.
Interested students should email Diamond Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.