A Scholarship Program for Success
Out in Two is a presidential scholarship program with a supportive community designed to help you graduate from BMCC within two years and assist you in transferring to a senior college.
- $1,600 per semester for the remaining 3 semesters
- Dedicated academic advisor
- Organized trips to senior colleges
- Free trips to cultural enrichment events (i.e. Broadway plays, museum)
- Emergency grant funds for those experiencing a temporary, financial hardship
- Have been first-time freshmen at the time of admittance to BMCC.
- Students who have completed college credits while in high school (i.e. College Now) and students who have attended CUNY Start, CLIP, or BLIIS are eligible.]
- Transfer students, regardless of whether or not credits were transferred into BMCC, are not eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled in an AA, AS, or AAS degree program except Health Information Technology (HIT), Nursing (NUR), Paramedic (EMT), or Respiratory Therapy (RTT).
- Students receiving a BMCC Foundation scholarship or participating in ASAP, College Discovery, or Year Up are not eligible to apply.
- Complete a minimum of 12-degree credits prior to the start of their 2nd semester
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00, and be in their second semester.
- Students who have taken at least one semester off are not eligible to apply.
- Commit to graduating from BMCC within 2 years from their first semester at BMCC.
Apply to the Program
The spring 2022 application will open on December 20, 2021. The deadline to submit is February 1, 2022.
Once the application is submitted, we will review the application and determine if you can graduate within two years. Students who meet the eligibility requirements will be invited for a selection interview.