The Conexiones & Connections program is open to all students who are interested in exploring and refining their purpose through their college experience. In addition to serving all students, the program offers a community of support for males of color. Our Spanish-speaking staff members offer bilingual support for our Latinx students. Program activities are designed for students to:
- clarify their academic and career paths,
- develop habits for academic success,
- cultivate relationships with mentors and coaches,
- explore career-oriented employment and internship opportunities,
- and expand their networking skills and leadership abilities.
Conexiónes prepares students for success at BMCC as well as their transition to a bachelor’s degree program and beyond. Students are eligible to receive incentives for active participation including stipends, summer and winter tuition waivers, and opportunities to apply for paid summer leadership and career prep programs.
As a Conexiones student, you will receive:
- A personalized plan and support team developed to meet your goals
- Bilingual support from staff and peer mentors
- Events* to meet and interact with other students
- Assistance with career-oriented employment and internships
- Financial literacy workshops and counseling in Spanish
- Civic engagement and service learning providing Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) credit
- Conexiones & Connections Leadership Academy
- Transfer preparation
- Free winter or summer course (subject to program conditions, requirements, and funding availability)
* virtual and/or in-person
- All majors accepted
- Exempt or placed into highest level of developmental reading and writing
- Not already a member of ASAP, BMCC Learning Academy, College Discovery, Degree Under Three, Panther Partners, or Year Up
- International and part-time students are eligible
Interested in Joining?
The program accepts students throughout the semester. Please fill out our interest form and we will contact you with additional information.
Any questions or concerns? Visit our virtual walk-in hours or contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.