BMCC is proud to be an international campus, with our students representing more than 150 countries.Transcripts from non-U.S. countries must be translated into English and evaluated for equivalency with U.S. education standards before the BMCC Office of Admissions can use them to make a decision on your application for admission.
You have two options to complete translation and evaluation:
Option 1: Send your transcript to CUNY’s University Application Processing Center (UAPC)
CUNY’s central office has staff members who can complete your transcript translation and evaluation free of charge. This process normally takes 6-8 weeks.
Suggested Submission Dates:
To get the best service from CUNY, please send your documents for evaluation as soon as possible. We recommend you have your transcript in the mail by these suggested dates:
- To start in the Fall semester, mail your transcript by May 15.
- To start in the Spring semester: mail your transcript by November 15.
Mail copies of your original transcripts to:
P.O. Box 350136
Brooklyn, NY 11235-0001
Option 2: Send your transcript to a private evaluation service
Work done by outside evaluation agencies is often faster than the CUNY University Application Processing Center, but this option is not free. The agency will charge you for its services. However, this could be a good option for you if:
- If the suggested submission date has passed, or
- if you wish to get an Admissions decision sooner than eight weeks
What to request from an evaluation agency:
- Request a “CUNY Undergraduate Evaluation.”
- Ask for an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all secondary school course work and any external examination certificates earned.
- Request that the evaluation service includes certified copies of all documentation used for the evaluation.
CUNY recommends the following three agencies for translation and evaluation:
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Consultants
- Transcript Research
- Evaluation Service, Inc.
If you are sending transcripts ONLY to BMCC less than two months before the start of the semester you want to begin taking classes, you may have transcripts evaluated by any NACES-affiliated agency.
- A2Z Evaluations, LLC
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
- Educational Perspectives, nfp
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc
- Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc
- Foundation for International Services, Inc
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc
- Global Services Associates, Inc
- International Academic Credential
- Evaluators, Inc
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc
- International Education Research
- Foundation, Inc
- International Education Evaluations, Inc
- International Evaluation Service, Center for Applied Research, Evaluations, & Education, Inc
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company
- World Education Services, Inc.
For more guidance on evaluations by outside agencies, please visit CUNY’s How to Apply webpage.