How to Apply for Fall 2020
In CUNY’s online application, you will tell us about you and your educational background. Afterward, you will submit transcripts from every school you have attended to support the information you entered online.
1. Submit a Fall 2020 CUNY Application online and pay the application fee.
Before you start, you may want to have the following items ready:
- Social Security number (if you do not have one, you can still apply)
- High school and/or college transcripts
- Debit or credit card
- Paper and pen to record the CUNYfirst ID you will create before you start your application
Fees: Freshman application = $65. Transfer application = $70.
Start your CUNY application.
2. Save your CUNYfirst login information.
You will use your CUNYfirst ID and password to log in to access information about your application, transfer credits (if you attended college before), and financial aid package. Record them in a safe place, and keep it handy — you will need to use it again!
3. Send school transcripts.
You are halfway there! After submitting a CUNY application and paying the fee, send us official transcripts from all the schools you have attended to finish up your application.
There are two ways you can give us this information:
- Self-service submission: Work with your school or testing agency to send transcripts to the CUNY University Application Processing Center. Mail printed documents to:
For Freshman Applications:
P.O. Box 350136
Brooklyn, NY 11235-0001
For Transfer Applications:
P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023
- Guided submission: Visit the BMCC campus to get one-on-one help submitting transcripts. Bring original, sealed versions of high school and college transcripts to our front desk at 199 Chambers Street. A Panther Station representative will be happy to help you.
NOTICE: If you attended a high school or college outside the United States, your school transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated for equivalency with U.S. education standards. View your translation and evaluation options.
4. Check your email for a decision letter.
Congratulations! You have finished your application to BMCC. We’ll send an admissions decision to your email inbox as soon as we can.
How long do I have to wait?
- Priority Deadline applicants: Decisions for fall semesters are sent beginning March 1.
- Other applicants: Freshman applicants can expect to get an admission decision two to three weeks after your transcripts are received at CUNY. Scroll down to see how you can check if CUNY has your transcripts.
If you are transferring to BMCC from another college, or if you sent in transcripts from a school outside the United States, your application will take a little longer to process. Expect to hear from us in four to six weeks.
Track Your Application
You can check your application status online at any time. Use CUNY’s tracking tool, or our customized Panther VIP page to review details of your application, see if your transcripts were received, and look out for that admissions decision.