Project Impact is an innovative program designed to meet the needs of students who are at risk of being impacted or who have been impacted by the justice system, either by being incarcerated or having an immediate family member who has been incarcerated. We provide walk-in support services for students who self-identify as justice impacted and help with a smooth transition to college. Project Impact has assisted students in our High School Equivalency (HSE) Program, in credit-bearing courses on Riker’s Island and as first-time college freshmen.
- Academic tutoring
- Access to social services
- Access to counseling
- Food vouchers when needed
- Emergency Funds for eligible students
- MetroCards when needed
- Workshops throughout the semester
- Preparation for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™)
- Assistance with the college registration process (admission, financial aid)
Project Impact is a free program designed to help students prepare for the TASC exam to get a high school equivalency diploma, and then enroll in college and graduate. Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™) replaces the General Educational Development (GED®) as the primary pathway to a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma.
In order to enroll in our program you will need to:
- Be between ages 17 – 24 by the first day of class
- Be a New York City resident
- Attend an interview and orientation
How to Enroll
Please complete the enrollment form and we will get back to you.