BLA advisors are available to support you remotely. Feel free to reach out to your advisor directly (see below) to set up an online appointment.
- Melanie Bonilla: email@example.com
- Sara Crosby: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geraldo Cruz: email@example.com
- Jordan Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amorita Jones: email@example.com
- Gabrielle Lloyd: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Louissaint: email@example.com
- James Nadeau: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Persaud: email@example.com
- Alexis Pistone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Podlas: email@example.com
- Christopher Rafinski: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arielle Richards: email@example.com
- Brittany Sinodinos: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries, you can email the BLA inbox at email@example.com.
The BMCC Learning Academy (BLA) is a success program that helps you transition to college and stay on track until graduation and transfer. The Learning Academy is a perfect fit for students interested in a personalized academic advisor and a supportive, knowledgeable community of peers, faculty and academic resources.
As a BLA student, you will receive:
|– A personal academic advisor||– Weekly success seminars|
|– Leadership development||– Peer mentors|
|– Access to exclusive courses||– Transfer and scholarship assistance|
|– Engaging learning communities||– Professional site visits and career exploration|
|– A supportive community of peers and faculty|
|– Trips to senior colleges and cultural attractions|
- All majors accepted except Allied Health
- Exempt or placed into highest level of developmental reading and writing
- If a current BMCC student, a 2.3 GPA or higher
- Not already a member of ASAP, College Discovery, Degree Under Three or Year Up
- International and part-time students ARE eligible for BLA.
See our Prospective Students page for more information.
Interested in Joining?
Enrollment for fall 2020 is now open! We have moved our recruitment process online, so interested students should submit the interest form below.
Any questions or concerns? Contact the BMCC Learning Academy office directly.
BMCC is committed to students’ long-term success and will help you explore professional opportunities. Undecided? No problem. The college offers Career Coach for salary and employment information, job postings and a self-discovery assessment to help students find their academic and career paths. Visit Career Express to make an appointment with an advisor, search for jobs or sign-up for professional development activities with the Center for Career Development. Students can also visit the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning to gain real world experience in preparation for a four-year degree and beyond. These opportunities are available to help BMCC students build a foundation for future success.