The Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) is a student initiated comprehensive record of one’s own participation and achievements outside of the classroom while enrolled at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC). These activities foster the total development of the student and encourage life-long learning and responsible citizenship. When coupled with the academic transcript, a holistic representation of the student’s total education, both inside and outside of the classroom, will be created.
The CCT is an official transcript that bears the BMCC seal and is offered as a supplement to the academic transcript. It will be of value to the student when applying to colleges, for scholarships or a professional position. The document will only be sent at the request of the student. All entries listed on the transcript are validated by the Division of Student Affairs.
The CCT is organized around eleven categories that reflect various co-curricular activities at BMCC.
- Assessments and Certifications: Completed BMCC or CUNY facilitated trainings and/or assessments [i.e. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory, CPR, CERT, etc.]
- Athletics: Participation, honors, or distinctions as a member of a BMCC sponsored intercollegiate athletic team.
- Clubs and Organizations: On-going participation as a general member or executive board member in a BMCC recognized club or organization.
- Community Service & Civic Engagement: Participation in a volunteer/civic activity for a BMCC department, a BMCC recognized event, or a BMCC recognized placement and project.
- Global Experience: Locations that students have traveled to for BMCC activities.
- Honors and Awards: Recipient of an honor, award, or scholarship recognized by BMCC.
- Leadership Training: Participation in leadership activities recognized by BMCC or the City University of New York (CUNY).
- Performance & Art Exhibits: Students who have presented art work in
forums outside of the classroom including film production, theatre, sculpture, artwork, writing, poetry, dance, design, & performance.
- Professional Activities: Paid leadership positions on campus: Peer Mentor, Welcome Ambassador, UMLA Ambassador, GPS Navigator & Service Corp Member.
- Research: Students participating in research programs, presenting research or working with a faculty member conducting research not for credit.
- Workshops and Seminars: Attendance at a workshop or seminar that is recognized by BMCC.
▶ See a sample Co-Curricular Transcript.
For more detailed information regarding categories, check out the CCT Eligible Activities.