BMCC students are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities for leadership, involvement and service in our community. Some of the possibilities include:
- Building Outstanding Leaders of Tomorrow (B.O.L.T.) is a one semester program designed primarily for first semester students. Through a series of weekly workshops and activities, students are expected to learn the basic skills required to become an effective leader and to learn what opportunities are available to participate in student life and to fill student leadership roles at the college.
- Student Partners Lending Universal Support (P.L.U.S.) is a program based upon service for the local and college community. Student partners volunteer on and off campus at various events/activities, and assist offices and fellow students. Participants in the program must serve a minimum of 25 hours for each term they are a member and must attend 4 leadership training workshops.
- Coaching Officers to Acquire Critical Club Habits (C.O.A.C.H.) is a program with a series of workshops designed to enhance leadership skills for our club officers as well as provide critical skills and tips to guide successful club development. The workshop topics range from leadership styles to recruitment/retention of club members.
- Refining Each Ascending Leader (R.E.A.L.) is a program designed for students who have completed at least one semester in a leadership role while at BMCC. Roles can range from participation in leadership training, to athletics, clubs, and attendance at various professional development events, such as conferences. The program is seminar based, with the focus on having “REAL” conversations about leadership with individuals engaged in leading roles from various fields, such as education, the arts, sciences, and business.
- The Peer Mentoring Program is students helping students in a purposeful way. Current students who are looking for an empowering interpersonal leadership experience and who meet the program criteria are encouraged to apply to become Mentors. BMCC’s Peer Mentors are committed to sharing their own experiences to motivate others, help them grow, set goals and become successful.
Please contact the Office of Student Activities if you have any questions.