Students who accept their nomination are recognized as general members of the NSLS. To complete the program and become an inducted member, students must complete the following requirements:
- Orientation: Students learn about the leadership development program and the schedule of events for the semester.
- Leadership Training Day: Student members attend an interactive video training where they identify goals and overcome obstacles.
- Speaker Broadcasts: Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year. Topics include leadership, identifying goals, facing challenges, personal growth and successfully transitioning from college to career. Students interact with the speakers via Twitter and Facebook during each broadcast.
- Success Networking Team meetings: Students are assigned to small groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals for future success. Members hold each other accountable using a highly specialized formula proven to produce results.
- Induction: Students are presented with their Certificate of Leadership Training, honoring their achievement and lifetime membership to the NSLS.