Frequently Asked Questions

After I fill out the interest form, what are the next steps to becoming part of Federal Work Study Career Access?

Apply to the program

  1. If you meet the program’s eligibility requirements, we will invite you to attend an information session to learn more about the program and documents to be completed.
  2. Complete online application for the position(s) of interest found on the website called Welcome to the Student Employment Portal,
  3. If invited, attend individual or group interview.

Selection process

  1. You must attend program training to learn timesheet submission process and additional protocols; confirm schedule.
  2. Attend welcome meeting to be introduced to the team and oriented to the position.

Program starts

  1. RSVP to complete workshops; attend career planning sessions; participate in invited campus meetings.

If I am a freshman, can I participate in the FWSCAP?
Yes, students awarded Federal Work-Study can participate in the FWSCAP.

Can I apply to the program if I am graduating in the Fall/Spring semester?
Yes, you can apply to the FWSCAP, but you must be registered for at least 6 credits.

I am transferring next semester (Fall/Spring). Can I still participate in FWSCAP?
Each student’s situation is unique. Please contact Melissa Jardine, Federal Work-Study Coordinator at

I am an international student; will I be able to participate in the program?
The eligibility requirements to participate in the Federal Work-Study Career Access Program are the same as participating in the Federal Work-Study.

Is there a certain GPA to maintain while doing the Federal Work-Study program?
Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA. Failure to do so will jeopardize the student’s future Federal Work-Study eligibility.

My major requires me to complete an internship and/or fieldwork experience, can I use this program?
We would encourage you to speak directly to your supervisor and internship/fieldwork professor.

If I stop working at my placement site, can I still be a part of the FWSCAP?
Your participation in the FWSCAP requires you to working at an approved Federal Work-Study site.