The procedure manual has been posted to provide department heads as well as faculty with guidelines for proposing new curriculum/courses or revisions to curriculum/courses. The forms are being provided as a word document to facilitate the completion/editing of required forms. In addition, a template for syllabi is being provided to ensure that faculty use the approved college format and provide information for the student learning outcomes section.
Proposal Submission Process
In order to submit a proposal to the Committee, first prepare the appropriate proposal form with the required signatures and additional required materials.
Use the Proposal Checklist (link below with Proposal Forms) to ensure that you have all the information needed and have submitted it in the correct location and time.
This is a quick summary of the steps needed to put a proposal through the approval process:
- Create or revise the curriculum.
- Bring the proposal to the relevant department for a vote (vote must be recorded in department minutes).
- Have the proposal form signed by a) Department Chair, b) Registrar’s Office, c) Office of Academic Affairs.
- Submit the proposal to the Curriculum Committee using the online Proposal Submission Form. This must be done no later than 7 days before a Curriculum Committee Meeting.
- Present the proposal at the Curriculum Committee meeting.
- If the proposal is approved by the Committee, then attend the subsequent Academic Senate meeting where the proposal will be put before the Senate for approval.
Online Proposal Submission Form
The Curriculum Committee is no longer accepting proposals by email. Please use the online form (link below) to submit proposals. Use the Checklist to ensure you have all of the requisite documents before submitting.NOTE: The form will ask for you to sign in. This prevents spam submissions. Use the same sign-in information as used to sign in to CUNYfirst. On the first screen use your CUNYfirst username and then, on the second screen, enter both your CUNYfirst username and password.