Are you interested in a professional career?
Year Up is accepting applications now for Fall 2020! Our team is available to support you remotely as you prepare to start your Fall journey with us. Feel free to reach out to the appropriate contacts below.
If you are interested in learning more about the Year Up program, or you have attended an information session and have questions please contact:
- Yessenia Torres, Recruitment Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shane Parris, Recruitment Specialist: email@example.com
If you completed an information session and your next step is Interviewing, please contact:
- Jesus Carrasco, AD of Admissions and College Enrollment: jcarrasco@org
- Joel Cabrera, Admissions Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meg Gardner, Admissions Specialist: email@example.com
For general inquiries, you can email the Year Up inbox at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year Up is an intensive, one-year program for students working towards their Associate Degree that combines hands-on skill development and internships at some of America’s top companies. As you work toward completing your degree at BMCC, we support you in launching a professional career in Business, Finance, or Technology. During the first semester of the Year Up Program, you will register full time and take courses with your Year Up Cohort. In your second semester, you will spend 35 hours/week at a professional internship that we secure for you while you continue to take courses towards your degree with your Year Up Cohort.
Upon completing the Year Up program, 85% of alumni are employed and/or attending college full-time within four months of graduation and earn an average annual income of $40,000.
Year Up Program Benefits
- Support in launching a professional career
- 35 hours/week in a professional internship during second semester
- 85% of Year Up alumni are employed and/or attending college full-time within four months of graduation and earn an average annual income of $40,000.
You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 17 -24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Interested in a business, finance or technology career
- Highly motivated to learn professional skills
- NOT currently participating in College Discovery or BLA
When Does the Program Begin?
New Year Up cohorts begin with the start of every Fall and Spring semester. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
What is the Internship?
All Year Up students who complete the first semester of the program and earn an internship will spend 35 hours per week for 6 months at a corporate internship while continuing to pursue their Associates Degree. Year Up internship partners include JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, American Express, and many more!
With the skills and the opportunity to succeed, there’s no limit to what you can do. Sign up to learn more.
BMCC is committed to students’ long-term success and will help you explore professional opportunities. Undecided? No problem. The college offers Career Coach for salary and employment information, job postings and a self-discovery assessment to help students find their academic and career paths. Visit Career Express to make an appointment with an advisor, search for jobs or sign-up for professional development activities with the Center for Career Development. Students can also visit the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning to gain real world experience in preparation for a four-year degree and beyond. These opportunities are available to help BMCC students build a foundation for future success.