Are you ready to launch a professional business career?
Year Up is an intensive, one-year program for students working towards their Associate Degree that combines hands-on skill development and internships at some of America’s top companies. As you work toward completing your degree at BMCC, we support you in launching a business career. During the first semester of the Year Up Program, you will register full time and take courses with your Year Up Cohort. In your second semester, you will spend 35 hours/week at a professional internship that we secure for you while you continue to take courses towards your degree with your Year Up Cohort.
Upon completing the Year Up program, 85% of alumni are employed and/or attending college full-time within four months of graduation and earn an average annual income of $38,000.
Year Up Program Benefits
- Support in launching a business career
- 35 hours/week in a professional internship during second semester
- 85% of Year Up alumni are employed and/or attending college full-time within four months of graduation and earn an average annual income of $38,000.
You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:
- 17 -24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Interested in a business career
- Highly motivated to learn professional skills
- NOT currently participating in College Discovery or BLA
When Does the Program Begin?
New Year Up cohorts begin with the start of every Fall and Spring semester. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the class is filled. We encourage you to apply early as space is limited.
What is the Internship?
All Year Up students who complete the first semester of the program and earn an internship will spend 35 hours per week for 6 months at a corporate internship while continuing to pursue their Associates Degree. Year Up internship partners include JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, American Express, and many more!
With the skills and the opportunity to succeed, there’s no limit to what you can do. Sign up to learn more.