The Transfer Review Application Connection (TRAC) program is a collaboration between the Academic Advisement & Transfer Center and faculty members from various academic departments aimed at helping students prepare for transfer. The program provides holistic support to qualified BMCC students who plan to transfer to highly selective colleges and universities that are characterized by academic excellence, diverse opportunities for students engagement, and innovative educational experiences that prepare graduates for meaningful careers.
Participants of the program are paired with a faculty mentor that helps them idenity their academic interests, explore transfer options, and complete application requirements. Students are also assigned to a dedicated academic advisor that works collaboratively with the faculty member to ensure that the stduents receive comprehensive support services throughout the transfer process.
- Complete between 12 and 30 degree credits;
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Faculty assistance with the transfer application essay;
- Transfer Preparation Workshops, such as, “Everything Students Need to Know about Transfer Scholarships”; “How to Write an Effective College Application Essay”; “Navigating the Transfer Application Process” and “The Common Application”;
- Comprehensive academic advising from assigned TRAC program advisors;
- TRAC Club to connect with a community of highly motivated students that share similar goals;
- Trips to colleges and universities
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Meet with both assigned faculty member and academic advisor a minimum of once per semester;
- Attend at least two TRAC workshops/events per semester
For additional information on this program, please contact Daniel Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.