The BMCC/Morehouse College Partnership assists male BMCC students who plan to transfer to Morehouse College, one of the country’s top HBCUs.
Through the Partnership, students will receive guaranteed admission and Morehouse College will facilitate the transfer of BMCC students who have completed an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT).
- Morehouse College prefers that transfer students obtain an Associate’s degree, or approximately 60 credit hours prior to transfer, combined with a cumulative grade point average of a 2.7 or better. All applicants not meeting these standards will be referred to BMCC’s office of academic advising for additional coursework or a pathway towards academic success whenever possible. Both institutions will work together to mutually support the needs of their students, and the needs of their respective partner institutions.
- Students transferring with an Associate’s degree will receive credit for all coursework for which a grade of “C” or better has been earned in their degree program and shall enter Morehouse College with junior status. This is applicable for the Bachelor of Arts and/or the Bachelor of Science degree program. Students will still need to meet the curricular requirements of a First Year Experience course and Crown Forum credits to ensure their graduation from Morehouse College.
- All transfer students must submit official transcripts to Morehouse College in order to receive their Transfer Credit Evaluation. The Transfer Credit Evaluation will outline credit transfer and provide information on remaining requirements for degree completion.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 60 hours in residence with Morehouse College to satisfy academic requirements. (The final 60 credit hours must be completed at Morehouse College.)
- Transfer students must meet all catalog requirements for their degree program.
BMCC and Morehouse College will work together to ensure that transferable credits from BMCC will meet the equivalency requirements necessary to complete their Morehouse College bachelor’s degree in the subscribed amount of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to have accumulated a minimum of a 2.7 GPA to be considered for the program. Morehouse will not accept grades below a C for transfer credits.
No, this agreement supersedes the standard requirements for transfer. Students transferring from BMCC will still need to meet all catalog requirements for their degree program, complete the final 60 credits of the Bachelor’s degree at Morehouse, take a First Year Experience Course, and obtain Crown Forum credits (attendance at Crown Forum events) to graduate.
Yes, Morehouse is a college for men.
Admission is guaranteed to Morehouse’s traditional and online programs for students who meet the criteria and have earned a minimum GPA of 2.7 as well as their Associate’s degree. Students who have a GPA around 2.7 may proceed with the application process, but their admission is not guaranteed.
Morehouse offers a Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration and a certificate in Activism in Sports and Culture.
This agreement applies to both the residential and online programs.
This transfer agreement provides students with the opportunity to transfer into all of Morehouse’s Bachelor’s of Arts and Bachelor’s of Science degree programs. BMCC’s Academic Advisement and Transfer Center will work with you to submit official transcripts and Morehouse will run a transfer credit evaluation to assist with program selection.
The general cost of attendance for Morehouse is $49,700 per year while the online BA in Business Administration costs $600 per credit hour with a $385 program fee and other fees for around $20,000 per year for full-time attendance.
Financial aid and scholarships are both available. In addition, Morehouse’s Office of Financial Aid offers payment installment plans, sponsored billing, military benefits, AmeriCorps vouchers, the student freedom initiative for junior and senior STEM majors, and Federal Work-Study opportunities.
82% of Morehouse men receive financial aid.
The application deadline for admission into programming offered on Morehouse’s campus is November 1. The online program has a rolling admissions calendar with early priority, and final deadline dates to enter either a fall or spring cohort.
Morehouse is the #1 producer of Black men who go on to earn doctorates.