Amount: up to $3,200.00 per year
Who Is Eligible
- BMCC students with at least 12 BMCC credits bearing courses and have a minimum cumulative of 3.0 GPA.
- Demonstrate financial Need (All applicants must file for FAFSA regardless of their status those not able to file on line, will complete a paper FAFSA when selected for the scholarship}).
- Students in programs such as ASAP and Out-In-Two are ineligible to apply.
- Be matriculated for your first degree (please do not apply if you hold an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree)
- Register for at least 12 real credits that are going towards your major each semester after receiving the scholarship
- Students receiving any BMCC scholarship are ineligible to apply
- Complete application on-line. (See instructions below under information)
- Please select and answer one on the essay questions below:
- Write an essay describing factors and/or events that have had the most significance in shaping your academic, personal or career goals;
- What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges have you personally overcome in achieving your education (i.e. financial, personal, medical, etc.);
- Upload a copy of you CCT or submit one letter of recommendation from a BMCC faculty or staff member.
No family member should write a letter for you. You will be disqualified if
your letter is written by a family member of friend. The letter of recommendation
must be submitted on-line – No paper recommendations will be accepted.)
To request the recommendation, go to page 5 of the on-line application. Enter the recommender’s name and e-mail address in the space provided. As soon as you do, they will receive a link with instructions to write the recommendation on your behalf. It is your responsibility to check in with your recommender to make sure that they received the link.
* If you have a Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT), you do not to submit a recommendation letter.
All you have to do is to simply upload a copy of your CCT in the “Activities section” of the application.
How to apply
To access the BMCC Full-time Scholarship Application, follow the steps below:
1. Visit the BMCC Portal
2. Login (Your login information is your student e-mail login)
3. After you have logged in successfully, click on the “Scholarship Manager” icon.
4. Look for BMCC Foundation Inc. Scholarship Application-Fall 2022 and click on “Start Application Now” (Follow the instructions to complete the application).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
A selection committee reviews all scholarship applications. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic record, career objective, financial need, leadership ability, participation in school activities, and community service.
Conditions for the Scholarship if selected
Students selected for the scholarship must:
• register for at least 12 BMCC credits bearing courses that will be counted towards your major
• complete all remediation by the end of the first semester the scholarship is received
• maintain at least 12 real credits, and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• volunteer and or provide services for BMCC/Community events.
• Attend MoneyWorks Seminars