May 21, 2020
BMCC students, faculty and staff are encouraged to help spread the word to their friends and followers on social media about the importance of completing the 2020 U.S. Census and be entered in a raffle to win one of ten $200 Amazon gift cards. The BMCC Census2020 Social Media Challenge is open to all BMCC students, staff and faculty.
To participate, BMCC students, faculty and staff need to create five social media posts between now and June 26 that speak to the importance of the Census and includes a link to www.2020census.gov and the hashtags: #CUNYCounts #GetCountedNYC
Billions of dollars in funding for transportation, healthcare, public housing, higher education—including PELL grants—and so much more depend on every New Yorker completing the census. It is estimated that for every New Yorker that is not counted the city will lose $2,500 per person per year for ten years. The census also determines how many representatives we have in Congress which impacts our influence and voice in future federal budgetary and policy decisions.
Join this BMCC online outreach effort and take a chance at winning $200. Additional $100 gift cards awarded for most social media engagement and most creative post. See rules below.
BMCC Census2020 Social Media Challenge Rules
- All participants will be entered to win one of ten $200 Amazon gift cards
- Participants must post a minimum of five original social media posts before Friday, June 26 encouraging friends, family and followers to participate in the Census
- All posts must include a link to www.2020census.gov and the hashtags: #CUNYCounts #GetCountedNYC
- Participants must submit screenshots of all activity for verification by June 26th at 5:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include student i.d. number.
- You can enter up to five times (you must post five times for each entry).
- The participant with the most engagement (total number of likes + shares across all posts) will win an additional $100 gift card
- One participant will win an additional $100 gift card for the most creative post
- Must be a current BMCC student, staff, or faculty to participate
- The BMCC Census2020 Social Media Challenge is open to all BMCC students, staff and faculty
- Billions of dollars in funding for New York depend on accurate census count
- Participants must submit screenshots of all activity for verification by June 26th