The Derfner Communications Lab resources include interactive pronunciation software which supplements the instruction in Speech 102 classes. Speech 100 classes, general Communication classes, and Theater classes also make use of the Center. Students and faculty can request and book additional lab time as the schedule allows.
Clear communication skills are an invaluable asset in all aspects of life, especially school and career. The Derfner Communications Lab was designed to assist students who are learning English as a second language, or need reinforcement in their English speaking abilities.
Take a quick video tour of the Derfner Communications Lab.
- 32 computers, with headphones and microphones
- individual carrels for students practicing pronunciation
Sound-proof side room
- iPads and audio-visual recording equipment
- used to practice and record speeches
- can be reserved for group meetings and discussions
- additional computers for research and editing purposes