Social Sciences, Human Services and Criminal Justice
Phone: +1 (212) 220-1216
Ting lei (PhD., Harvard University, 1993) is professor of Psychology at the City university of new York, where he founded and directs the Lab of Behavioral Medicine. He earned his doctorate in developmental psychology from Harvard University, and received clinical training at Harvard medical School. Dr. Lei was a research fellow at Academaia Sinica and at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution. He has published or presented numerous articles in different languages on topics related to educational, cross-cultural, developmental, health, and immigrant psychology. Currrently Dr. Lei is Professor of Human Development at Columbia University’s graduate School of education (teacher College). For public service, Dr. lei has been elected as an Associate at the Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Psychology and Chair of the Academic Performance Committee at the New York City’s Community education Council. He enjoys helping students and changing the system.
Teacher Education, Infant Toddlers, Human Sexuality, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Cultural Diversity, Cognitive Development, Chinese Cultural Traditions, Child Development and Learning, Asian-American Experiences, Anthropology
- B.S. National Taiwan University, Psycology,1980
- M.A. University of Minnesota, Educational Psychology,1981
- Ph.D. Harvard University, Human Development and Psychology,1993
- The course introduces students to the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. Students will learn about current perspectives, historical roots and scientific methods in psychology. Topics within major areas of psychology may include biopsychology, human development, learning, cognition, social processes, personality and psychological disorders.
- This course explores cognitive, emotional, and behavioral changes across the lifespan. Attention is given to how biological sociocultural factors shape the individual. Prerequisite: PSY 100
Research and Projects
- Growing up Chinese in New York City