Office Hours: TU 8:00 - 10:00, WED 8:00 -9:00,12 - 2
Phone: +1 (212) 220-8000;ext=5229
Control Theory , Biomathematics
- M.S. Texas Tech University, Mathematics and Statistics,1999
- Ph.D. Texas Tech University, Mathematics and Statistics,2003
- This course provides an introduction to the concepts of formal integration. It covers the differentiation and integration of algebraic, trigonometric, and transcendental functions. Topics include the definite integral, the antiderivative, areas, volumes, and the improper integral.
Prerequisite: MAT 301
- This course is an extension of the concepts of differentiation and integration to functions of two or more variables. Topics include partial differentiation, multiple integration, Taylor series, polar coordinates and the calculus of vectors in one or two dimensions.
Prerequisite: MAT 302
- 3 CRS.3 HRS.MAT 315 (Linear Algebra)
- This course covers matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, vector spaces, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Boolean algebra, switching circuits, Boolean functions, minimal forms, Karnaugh maps.
Prerequisite: MAT 302, or permission of the department
Research and Projects
- Coexistence of multiple pathogen strains in stochastic epidemic models with density-dependent mortality. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. 66: 841-864.,Bulletin of Mathematical Biology
- Asymptotic dynamics of deterministic and stochastic epidemic models with multiple pathogens. ,International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling
- SIS epidemic models with multiple pathogen strains,Journal of Difference Equations and Applications
- Reference Frames in Learning and Control,Proceedings of the IFAC world congress
- Theory of Reference Frames and Biological Control,Journal of Mathematical and Computer Modeling
Honors, Awards and Affiliations
- The Best Paper of the Year Award 2004 in Difference Equations awarded by The International Society of Difference Equations in July 2005 at the annual international conference held in Germany
- ACCCESS Fellow award 2004-2005 by AMATYC, awarded to only 30 outstanding Mathematics Faculty in the nation
- Outstanding Graduate Mathematics Major Award, Texas Tech University 2000-2001
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor award, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Texas Tech University, Texas. 1999-2000